Hairstyling should be thoroughly understood by beauty professionals as this a fundamental competency enables you to produce and provide the client with a particular result.
You can assist clients by instructing them on how to braid their curls according to their daily activities. Keeping abreast of the latest fashions, as they count on you to produce the ideal products.
- the initial stage of hair styling
- Keep in mind the hair design rules for facial form, head form, and
Way of life
- You might need to use your creativity to overcome problems; be sincere with yourself.
If a client requests a style that won’t look good on them, explain why in detail. Additional stylistic alternates in case your chosen style doesn’t work.
Fundamentals of Submerge Hairstyles
The ones that follow are some examples of damp hair treatment instruments:
The rolls made of silicone
- attachments (duckbill, finger waving, splitting, multiple and single-prong)
- Pegs (hairpins and bobby pins)
- hooks (for cutting)
Waving the fingers
- Finger waving is a technique for forming and guiding hair into a S shape.
by using combs, fingertips, and spreading toner
- Extremely popular in the years 1920s and 1930s
- Hair gel known as “waving lotion” makes hair flexible enough to hold it in place.
when waving the fingers; usually composed with karaya bubblegum
(does not flake; is harmless to hair; is frequently changed by liquid styling gels
- Vertical finger waves are up and down, perpendicular to the face; lateral thumb ripples
Waves are present all along the head.
- Form the foundation of designs, lines, waves, curls, and rolls.
- Suitable for all hair types
- Functions best with layers and nicely wrapped hair
Components of a curl
- Base: The portion of a helix farthest to the root that is immobile (non-moving) and
The section of human hair on the head where a curling iron is positioned
- Stem- the portion of the pin curl that extends from the circle’s base to its first arc (turn).
that determines the angle and motion of the curl; hair between the top of the head and the first rotating roller
- Circle—the portion of the spiral that culminates in the curling motion and makes a full circuit;
The width and power of the wave depend on the size of the circle.
A Curl’s flexibility
The stem controls how much movement a hair section has; curl mobility is determined by
No root, partial stem-wise and the entire stem are categories.
- No-stem curls—placed immediately on the foundation of a curl—produce tight, sturdy curls that last for a long time and have the least amount of movement
- Half-stem curls are set halfway off the base; they allow for modest mobility and provide
a nice handle on the hair
- Full-stem curl-curl is totally positioned away from the base, enabling the biggest
mobility; base could be rectangle, square, triangle, or half-moon
Braid Orientation Molding
- Shaping: a circular motion is used to shape a piece of hair before the development of curls. Either an open-end or a closed-end curls should always start from the open end.
Always start a curl at the shape’s wide tip or concave aspect.
- Open-center coils: create uniform, symmetrical swells and folds.
- Closed-center curls create waves with a decreasing wave size near the end; suitable for fine hair or if you prefer a voluminous curl.
You need to enrol in a hairstyling course to learn new things, to improve your skills, and to add to your portfolio.